View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 02:28 AM   #54
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: in use kindle oasis 2nd and 3rd gen, kobo forma, boox poke5
question on custom column & feedback

Help please.

"You can create collections based on your custom columns if they contain just a single word or number or a list of words like the tags column:"

I've tried adding my custom column genre as a 4th line in tweaks, but the tweak app keeps telling me invalid when I add it, no problems until that line is added.

tweak looks like this:

################################################
# Create Kindle Collections Plugin tweaks
#
# Calibre column names to include in collections, text to prepend for sorting, and
# minimum number of books needed for a column before creating a collection
create_kindle_collections_usecolumns = {
"tags": [ "- ", 1 ],
"series": [ "_ ", 2 ],
"authors": [ "", 1 ]
"genre": [ "__ ", 1 ]
}
# Collection names or patterns to ignore (e.g. [ "ignorethis", ".*Ignore.*" ]
create_kindle_collections_ignore = [ ]
################################################## ##

genre is a user-created custom column, setup is text, like tag column. I've tried the look-up name with & without the # - genre,#genre. get an invalid tweak. also tried a different custom column, read_status, same result in tweak.

using calibre 7.43

fyi, all but apps & a handful of Baen books (looks like they just need their mobi format file updated from the error message) went into collections - best results I've had with any kindle collection manager so far (have about 3500 files on the k3). I love the simplicity of this app & that fact that I can use it as I work with calibre.

Thanks!