View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Paul Levine
Connoisseur
Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Jake Lassiter Suspected of Murder, Threatened with Death, in "Fool Me Twice"

"Fool Me Twice," ($2.99) is currently number 9 on Kindle's Hardboiled Mystery Bestseller List.

“You ever hear the expression ‘Fool me once, shame on you?’”

“Sure. ‘Fool me twice, shame on me.’”

“No, Lassiter. Fool me twice, you’re dead.”

Linebacker-turned-lawyer Jake Lassiter is back in the just-released "FOOL ME TWICE" ($2.99), this time defending Blinky Baroso, a “repeat customer” and unrepentant con man. In lieu of a fee, Blinky forks over stock in Rocky Mountain Treasures, Inc., and that’s where Lassiter’s problems begin. The stock is phony; Blinky’s partner is found dead; and Lassiter is the prime suspect.

To find the real killer, Lassiter follows a trail of evidence to an abandoned silver mine under the ski slopes in posh Aspen. That’s where a priceless artifact of the Old West may be buried: the missing Silver Queen statue from the 1893 World’s Fair. Or is that just a “Maltese Falcon,” the stuff dreams are made of?

Either way, a homicidal rancher is after the treasure, and so is Blinky. Then there’s Lassiter’s ex-girlfriend Jo-Jo, Blinky’s sister. Why is she suddenly trying to re-kindle the ancient romance with Jake?

It all leads to an explosive finale underground where Lassiter confronts his checkered past and his precarious future.

CRITICAL ACCLAIM FOR “FOOL ME TWICE”

“Wildly entertaining blend of raucous humor and high adventure.” – St. Louis Post-Dispatch

“A fast-paced thriller filled with action, humor, mystery and suspense. – The Miami Herald

“Delicious.” – Los Angeles Times

Paul Levine
Author of "FOOL ME TWICE"
Paul Levine is offline   Reply With Quote