View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #52
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I don't particularly care about the resolution, myself. As long as I can read the text. And I'd prefer not to have the frontlight at all. I think the light will be the death of eInk. It looks no different to LCD, with a light.

I'm contemplating buying an older basic kindle while I still can. Then again, I could just get a new battery for my really old kindle keyboard. Or, more sensibly, just forget about it until my paperwhite starts to fail.
I think 167 ppi is entirely inadequate, especially when there are cheapish 300 ppi options. I still haul out my 167 ppi Kobo Mini as my beach reader, but that's mostly because the OEM cover provides a lot of protection as it gets tossed around in my beach bag and because I wouldn't be heartbroken if something happened to it. But it really does need broad daylight to be legible and I can't even imagine how murky 167 ppi becomes with a light layer. The Kobo Glo with 212 ppi was my first lit reader and I thought that was irritatingly fuzzy.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote