View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #60
Hofferic
Enthusiast
Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Hofferic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1st gen, Moon+ Reader, CalibreBox Pro
Okay, my decision was swift and the path ahead is fraught with danger... Or something

I have started tearing the In-App purchase logic out of the application lifecycle and am now done with the google half. I also set up my buildchain to do automatic double releases, compiling the app for both amazon and google. Now I only have to do the actual billing implementation using amazons API, test the thing locally (urgh), and if everything works wait for amazon to do their testing (double urgh).

And before that I will have to complete the current changes and test those, most importantly android M compatibility. I may or may not get this done quickly, but there is a bug in the current developer preview that I will have to work around, not knowing if it will still exist in the final version. But with the heavy refactoring I did, first for M support and now splitting the app into amazon/google versions, it would be a LOT of work releasing only pat of these changes. So the uupdate needs to wait until this platform bug is fixed or worked around. Also, I will have to make sure i can easily trace errors and crashes to a codebase before publishing this. See, I can learn from my mistakes

Long rant short: As long as nothing goes terribly wrong a release on amazon is coming, but it might take a while because it will be bundled into the android marshmallow update, which currently depends on things out of my control for now.
Hofferic is offline   Reply With Quote