View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 02:51 AM   #1912
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That seems fair. Another possible option would be adapter creators putting FFF-specific-site-specific CSS files in github or somewhere and linking to those.
I was sort of thinking of this, but hadn't come up with a location.
Quote:
Listing more than one file/URL in INI is a possibility--and I'd much rather have the suggest before I add code rather than after.
I know exactly what you mean. I'm about to turn to someone in my team and tell them that when they finish the code they are working on and put it into production next week, they are to start working on rewriting it because the @%#^&@* business people forgot to mention all the exceptions to the rules.
Quote:
But if I do that, they'll just get concatenated together into one CSS file in the epub; which should be functionally equivalent. And for html output, the CSS gets embedded.
Yes, that's probably simpler
Quote:
There are some complex interactions I want to consider first about precedence and ordering for files, CSS in the INI, and [sections] order.

I'm also considering the possibility of making it a general feature (like add_to_), applicable to other (all?) settings. replace_metadata comes to mind.
Good idea. Or at least make it reusable so that when you do find other uses, you can.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote