View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew Reuther View Post

An example of how I am calling fonts in the books:

(obviously in Styles\core-styles.css)

@font-face {
font-family : display-font;
font-weight : normal;
font-style: normal;
src : url("../Fonts/display-font.ttf");
}

As it should be, the .ttf, or .otf file I refer to is always contained in the Fonts directory. I have verified that these fonts are then absent in the files which come back from Amazon's KDP converter. (I have also attempted to remove the font-weight and font-style css elements to no avail. They don;t seem to make a difference one way or another for this issue.)

When I call a font, I am doing so like this:

p.toc-minor {
font-family : display-font;
text-indent: 0;
margin: 0 0 0.2em 0;
font-size: 125%;
}

The css styles are then called in the html files like so:

<p class="toc-minor"><a href="../Text/TitlePage.xhtml">Title Page</a></p>
Maybe with the font-family name inside quotes, things will work. Try this:

Code:
@font-face {
    font-family : "display-font";
    font-weight : normal;
    font-style: normal;
    src : url("../Fonts/display-font.ttf");
}
And:

Code:
p.toc-minor {
    font-family : "display-font";
    text-indent: 0;
    margin: 0 0 0.2em 0;
    font-size: 125%;
}
Of course, I suppose that core-styles.css is properly linked to the .html files where your custom fonts are used. Also I would change the "core-styles.css" name; maybe core_styles.css could be better.

Regards
Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote