Thread: KOReader Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 07:00 PM   #9
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It is a firmware version in the sense that you replace the version of the firmware you have on the internal card with a different version. It is not a revision of the internal firmware but it is an addition to the stock firmware.

Dale
There is a problem with the impression such statements make. The couple of lines of code added to Kobo's startup script have no effect on how the Kobo software functions, and in no way "replaces" any of it. I have seen posts where the poster was under the impression that the Kobo software would no longer be available, that it would be "replaced" by the launcher and Koreader. All of the Kobo software remains functioning just as it did. I am not familiar with how the "jailbreak" of the Kindles work, maybe for those, such a statement has some validity, but it is my understanding that the Kindle software also functions normally with Koreader added to the device.

I have seen a number of posts where people have a fear of trying KOReader, just because they didn't want to risk loosing access to the original firmware.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote