Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #989
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Awesome works great. The simple framework restart out of JBPatch system tab did not want to work for me. I put the jar file on the PW, and did the framework restart out of JBPatch. After my PW would crash every time I open a book and hit the aA menu. I disabled USE_ALT_FONTS, restarted framework again from JBPatch, and crash again. I used a restart from menu-settings, menu-restart and then it worked for me. It still had USE_ALT_FONTS disabled and no problems. I enabled it again and it still worked.

So it is possible that it was merely user-error, or that in some cases the framework restart does not work for every one.
Arrgh.... yes, the Paperwhite really is a picky bitch. I just managed to crash it by doing I-don't-know what, and only a reboot helped. So it may well be some unanticipated side effect of the changed margins, or the changed fonts.

The problem is that by now, it's almost impossible to understand what is happening on that device, and how individual "features" interact with others. They really did a great (attention, sarcasm!) job with the obfuscation.

Quote:
The PW forgets to apply the margin when you open a book up. Even if it was closed with the changed margins. Every time I open a book, I have to open the aA menu, change the margin to a different setting, and back to where I want it for it to show correctly. Is that by design like that?
Yep, you're correct. And no, this wasn't intended - the settings were supposed to be preserved (and they are on the Touch). Seems to be yet another new "feature" of the Paperwhite. I'll try and look into it to see how it can be fixed.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote