View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #74
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobioden View Post
My only concern is I am on a Mac, and my 4000+ books are in Calibre. There seems to be no way to connect the HDX to Calibre, or even use the Calibre Companion app which does not work with HDX.

Can the book reader Aldiko be used with the HDX? Will Google Play ever be available for the HDX?

I am looking to replace my dated Nook Tablet, and love the look, and options of the HDX, just don't think it would work for me.
Yes Aldiko can be sideloaded or Mantano can be sideloaded. I use Dropbox to hold my library then use ES File Explorer's Dropbox feature to transfer multiple books to the HDX. Works well for me. ES File Explorer is an awesome app! You can use the LAN feature to transfer files from computer to the HDX or use the new connect feature to transfer files from Device to Device or the Cloud feature that works with several cloud services.

However if you're just going to read epub them you might want to look at the Nexus 7 which has very similar specs and Google Play. If you are already in Amazon's system or plan to convert then you'd like the HDX better.

The best thing about the HDX is the form factor. It's so thin and light! It's like holding a eReader not a heavy tablet. The worst thing about the HDX is the blue border it just messes up the beauty of the screen. Battery life could be better. My replacement's battery is alot better then the original one but the blue border is worse on this one.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote