View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanmarsh View Post
i have an erratic/slow connection, so i only update metadata when i'm not doing anything online, is there something that will tell me that you already used "Download Metadata" on a particular book or not?
No.

I use the add tag on import feature (Preferences - Adding books) to add the tag "working" to books and as I add them to the library. As I clean up the metadata I remove the "working" tag.

I also use the Restrict to feature to to restrict a view to my "Finished Library" which only shows the books that don't have the "working" tag. I also went to Preferences - Behavior and set it start with the "Finished Library" view.

Whenever I want to work on my metadata and clean up "working" books I change to my Restrict to feature to my "Working library." As I clean up the metadata and remove the "working" tag the book is automatically removed from my "working library" view and now shows in the "Finished Library" view. Read about the Restrict To feature here and here.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-27-2013 at 06:25 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote