View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Forum chat: use of 1 or 2 MR books as test ebooks for (potential) resolution of softw

My aim in starting this thread is to try and find a protocol for 'testing' firmware / software problems that users may have when reading their Epubs on their Kobo device. (At the outset I say that without doubt there would be many ways to test problems - I'm merely starting with my idea. Please add your ideas and comments.)

When I had problems with a bookmark not returning me to the correct page after I exited the book and returned, I floundered for ways to identify any solutions for myself and I it still didn't replicate when I 'shared' the problem with another member by giving him my database to duplicate it.

It wasn't until I asked others if they would download a particular MR (free) Epub, then identify my settings so that others could replicate the problem, that Davidfor could solve it.

That is the protocol that I suggest could be used for other problems that members report - that is - a MR Epub be downloaded on the testers devices and the member with the problem's device; and settings shared and posted.

The limitations I see (there will be more I haven't identified):

- not all issues will be able to be replicated using a common MR Epub because for example the problem relates to screen damage, pixel damage etc;

- the problem relates only to the Epub book purchased by the member. However, that may not become known until completion of 'testing' using a common MR Epub;

- the problem is a hardware issue.

What do you think of this idea .....
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote