View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
DiapDealer, I just tried the XML escaping. I notice the e-book viewer that comes with Calibre shows these as literal '<p>' characters in it's display, it doesn't actually use them for formatting.
That's odd. On my system, it (calibre) renders the html as expected (in the Book Details as well as the viewer's metadata). The only way I can see the 'raw' characters is by switching to the source tab in calibre's metadata editor. *shrugs*

EDIT: Actually, I think I know what's going on. You can enter the html directly into Sigil's metadata editor and and it will take care of xml escaping the data in the OPF file. If you entered xml escaped html into Sigil's metadata editor, that explains what you're seeing. You're ending up with a double-escaped mess. You should only worry about xml escaping if you edit your ePubs manually (no Sigil). My bad for not being clear.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote