View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I've just obtained them through the Kobo Desktop (v1.9) and then synced them to a Kobo WiFi via USB.

I am seeing the covers for all three books in both locations (desktop and Kobo WiFi).

Now you could also download those books via ADE; go to the Kobo website and then "My Library". In the "I'm Reading" section you will see all the books you have, and the Delver books will have the option next to them "Adobe DRM EPUB". Clicking on the buttons for those three books will download three "ACSM" files that when opened will use "Adobe Digital Edition" (ADE) on your PC to download the three ePubs to your PC.

These you can just sync via ADE to your Kobo Touch, or add them to Calibre and sync them from there. Since they still DO contain DRM you will not be able to use all the Calibre features to manage them.
hmmm I am intrigued by your mention of loading them via calibre? Does that mean even though Calibere can not decode them due to drm, that we could add the covers if they are gone missing? Btw thanks for your advice I will be exploring the options you mention. I like to have the covers showing when The unit is off or sleeping so people can see what I am reading. So a blank book with no title or graphic cover is hurting my eyes lol

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote