Thread: MobileRead Book Club Selections List
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #38
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I don't mind which four months are open really (I'm even fine with it being both classics), but I do think it would be better if we went with either the first months of each group of three, the second months of each group of three, or the third months of each group of three, to keep some sort of regular schedule to it.

So those options are:

First month of each three (Jan/Apr/Jul/Oct) = Runner-up, Humour, Mystery, Horror
Second month of each three (Feb/May/Aug/Nov) = Romance, Fantasy, FreeForAll, Science Fiction
Third month of each three (Mar/Jun/Sep/Dec) = Thriller, Classic, NonFiction, Classic

If 2/3 of the months are hidden, then I don't see a problem with both classics months being hidden, though with only 1/3 open, I do think it would be a little odd for both classics months to be open. So the "third month" option is probably not ideal.

So that leaves first or second month as the better options, in my opinion. But I really don't care, I'm just throwing out some suggestions that may work well and be the simplest considering the circumstances.

I do think, though, that we should just leave this to Tom to decide. Give our opinions and whatnot then let him decide which four months to have open. Which months are open are not that important and there's other things to discuss.
Tom is the one who initially brought it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Hopefully by the end of 2012 you and I will have the votes necessary to change to all hidden for 2013. I don't like having both classics visible, but every third month seemed about as fair as I could make it and I didn't want to change the schedule arbitrarily to suit my desires.
Then you made suggestions based off of that and I made suggestions based off of your suggestions with two people, Val and Issybird, asking for January to be "Open".... It has been a perfectly logical conversation thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletVal View Post
We're already debating getting rid of the second classics category for 2013. I think it makes sense to decide on changes from year to year.
You're right. I didn't think of that.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote