View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 02:49 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxford-eBooks View Post
right... that looks like what I need to know. Looks like I WAS doing it right and client was panicking a little.

I think I'd gotten the idea that there was some voodoo that Amazon did with the print ISBN in the KDP upload area. Not a problem adding the ISBN in the OPF... gonna go check what the field name is for the PRINT edition and tweak the tool.

Adding the RPNs (pageList) entries to the NCX is fine, we have our own tool that's been putting together ePubs for about 13 years now and it'll take a spreadsheet of page refs either hand or machne generated. I even wrote a little plugin for InDesign a while back that finds and tags the first word on each page in the XHTML for that purpose. Not used it in anger for a long time though as nobody's really caring abnout page numbers from our client base.

AFAIK, and I confess, it's been (cough) a while since I personally did this, there isn't a meta field for "print edition." We put in the ISBN for the print edition in the one ISBN meta field. {shrug}. Unless/until Amazon comes up with a better way, that's what their specs say to list and as there isn't a 2nd ISBN meta field for "matching print edition," so to speak, that's what we do. (I should add, I've done this in ePUB2, not ePUB3, so...hell, there may be a suitable extra field in ePUB3 in the meta.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote