View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
HoraceWimp
Enthusiast
HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoraceWimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PW2, Kobo Aura
tvuongpham

Thank you for your reply, very helpful.

I do currently use Calbre on OS X but I have to say, it has to be one of the worst designed pieces of software I’ve ever seen. The GUI is dreadful and I don’t like using it at all. But being pretty much the only piece of software available for my current system for handling ebooks I’m stuck with it for the moment.

Given how much I dislike Calibre, I suspect I shall simply maintain a folder based system of file management for my ebooks and move them across to whatever ereader I end up with manually, using either of the methods you suggest.

It’s useful to know that the ereader will simply show up as a USB device which should enable the copying of files fairly straight forward.

I notice you have, or have used, a number of Sony devices as well as iPads, what’s your opinion of the Sony devices and iPads for reading books on?
HoraceWimp is offline   Reply With Quote