View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 12:45 PM   #4
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
So Sigil uses & #160; for epub3 and & nbsp; for epub2. Calibre should easily be able to handle either.
The Calibre editor handles either indeed. It does not modify any & #160; coming from Sigil and displays them normally. It does not convert them automatically like Sigil does for the unicode character \u00a0. While we are at it, I do not understand why Sigil should not behave in the same way.

Further, things look a little muddled for the user, when he wishes to insert no-break spaces using a set of regexes (for example I have a group of ten saved searches for this purpose). Though as you say there are exactly the same character, nevertheless, they are counted differently.

This situation and the changing of face of the no-break space is very confusing for beginners.

My wish would be that Sigil honor the Entities to preserve code even if it wasn't coded as an entity in the original file. That would mean that the non-breaking space be converted to whatever entity was defined in Edit > Preferences > Preserve Entiries > Entities to preserve setting.

Last edited by roger64; 08-06-2017 at 12:48 PM. Reason: preserve
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote