View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 12:30 PM   #9
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
We have had several requests to be able to reorder the items in book details. There is nothing particularly hard with producing the page in different orders. The hard part is specifying them. I think I would need something like the folders dialog where all of the fields are shown and the user can move them up and down. Because of the multiple library problem (I cannot know what custom fields are available) (
Something you could do that would be a lot easier and only slightly less valuable could be to treat all non-standard fields as one block. Then you could have options to order/show/hide the title/author/publisher/.../custom-fields. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would work for most people and be a lot less work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
With the latest changes where all books suddenly had the same "Updated" date, it got me to thinking that I would love the option to sort books in the library by the "date added to CC."
If you are going into the sorting code, I have a request I have been sitting on. Its actually in two parts,

1) I would like the option to hide sorting type I don't use. I only ever sort by title, author or series, so I would like to suppress the other ones. This is really only helpful it you also....
2) It wold be nice to have the an option for the sorting button to just cycle through the sort types the way the Show button toggles between the different view types.

I switch back and forth a lot, and this would cut out a lot of button presses.

You could also get much of the same value by having an option to switch to Series sorting whenever the group by was changed to "series" and then switch to some user defined "default sort" whenever the user switched to a different grouping. In some ways, this is better because "series" sorting is probably what most people do when they switch to a series, and title or author is probably most used in title, author, tag or rating groupings. In fact, if you added another default sort for ungrouped, you could also handle the case where a person is loking at their entire library. I imagine that that is the most common use-case for the date related sorts.

In reading over this, I actually think I like this way better because it would allow me to move the Sort by button to the menu, since I would almost never use it any more.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote