View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 06:43 AM   #10
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I love the Kipling comparison.

I know I mentioned Wodehouse at one point and the prose to me frequently has that feel to it. I don't have a direct comparison as Bookpossum does, but here's an example that I think could have come straight from Wodehouse's pen (he was a published writer at the time although not nearly the polished writer he was to become):

Quote:
It is true that my master's character is based on so firm an inborn bedrock of cold reserve and obstinacy that he is, by nature, one of this world's wet blankets.
For me, the big pleasure of this book is the wordplay and wit.

Last edited by issybird; 08-09-2019 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Fix quote.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote