View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #39
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson View Post
Fixes

Turning down the brightness, reformatting to a narrower column, changing to double spacing, increasing the font size, turning off lights, or changing the color scheme can make all the difference in the world for ereading on an LCD (e.g., give the page a parchment light tan, or read blue or green text set on a black background).
The single biggest impact to my eyes has always been setting the colour temperature of monitors to 6500 K. This is closest to the spectrum emitted by the Sun and I find it the most comfortable setting. All that being said, at my age I now prefer e-ink over LCD for extended reading.

As so many others have commented it all comes down to personal preferences - what is most comfortable for your eyes.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote