View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #26
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Especially when people go on Apple related sections of sites and make these types of posts.

That article was a waste of time, it just told us that the guy thought the other guys were "wrong" about their opinion and showed Chrome being used in some ridiculous instances.
Jessica, this isn't the Apple section, and these haven't been the types of posts that I imagine you're referring to. We've had a reasonable discussion of both the advantages and shortcomings of ChromeOS devices, perfectly on topic for the thread.

The article was a reasonable rebuttal to the contention that Chromebooks are useless, without in any way being defamatory to users of other systems. The author goes out of his way to make that point in his final paragraph:

Quote:
And that’s why in the nearly two years of covering Chromebooks and creating dozens of Chrome Show podcast episodes, I’ve never said Chromebooks are the best product for all. Because I know they’re not. They’re fantastic for a specific type of user and use cases. For others, a PC or Mac is the better choice and I certainly wouldn’t be short-sighted so as to summarily dismiss those options as a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I can hook up a controller to my MacBook Pro and do the same thing. And I'm not limited to just the games that can run in a browser.

But then again, aren't we supposed to advocate REAL work being done on these machines and not just screwing around and being distracted like that guy apparently is?
Did you read the article? He specifically made the point that his controller was working with a packaged app in its own window, not 'just the games that can run in a browser'. That's a reasonable inclusion in an article written to point out that there's more to Chromebooks than web browsing.

(I went on to discuss other packaged and offline apps, and yes, I'm doing real paid work in Gantter.)

This article, in fact, supports the points that you seem to be condemning it for.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote