View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #277
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@kbulkar - if you have some issues/suggestions with the Quality Check plugin, can I suggest you post them on that plugin thread instead? It will make it easier for me to not forget them/respond there.

Author FN LN -> LN, FN - thats a fairly frequently topic. I suggest you do a search in the library management subforum, there is some useful information in the help pages about it. It is more complicated than it needs to be (imo) but Kovid knows I love prodding him about it every now and then

For goodreads metadata (or any other source for that matter) - I recommend you untick the "Title" and "Author" columns in the preferences for downloading metadata. That way your books will stay with the original title/authors you put into them in calibre, and not get corrupted if either by chance the metadata download gets the wrong book, or gets some bad capitalisation/omnibus edition or whatever that happend to come back first in the search results. You can change those preferences either from the edit metadata dialog of from Preferences->Metadata download.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote