View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 05:28 AM   #2
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazradel View Post
I have a few questions about the PRS-300 from my mum (who's not confident enough with computers to ask herself).

1. How good is the pdf handling? I believe she is asking specifically in regards to reformatting medical journals for the smaller screen.

2. I've totally forgotten... I'll get back on this one.

3. Is there any way to buy one in Australia? (I'm fairly sure the answer is no).

Hi Jazradel

1. Probably not too good due to small screen. My PRS-900 handles reflow really well, I'm not sure how PRS-300 handles it.
3. Look up B&H Photo on the internet. It's a US based web shop, they ship internationally. I just bought a PRS-300 for my sis-in-law in Melbourne. Delivery is about 62 USD UPS - got there within a week. The price was 186 USD or thereabouts, which is very good. If you're not fussed with colour (I bough the pink one), the price could be even lower.
You may be able to buy one in Oz (google it "Sony PRS-300 site:.au"), but the price wise it's probably cheaper to get it from the US.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote