View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
Be Szpilman
Fetch that LRF
Be Szpilman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Treo 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
I'm not sure if it's because of the translation, or the article itself (the argument and history as they are presented in the first half read very oddly [almost as though a non sequitur]), but I'm not sure I get the point of the article, really. Sorry.
Thank you so much for the feedback zerospinboson! I see what you're getting at, the article is both a news story and an opinionated digression summing up the history and points against DRM, so it's a bit all-around-the-block. Also, the tone has been deliberately dumbed down to the man in the street, especially since in Brazil people are mostly ignorant of what ebooks really mean and understand an ebook as a book scanned into a PDF (often ilegally). Apparently that didn't work out so well - hence your feedback is really appreciated. Since there ain't yet a well-informed brazilian ebook community as Mobileread, it's great to have this article here up for criticism and opinion.

Oh, and I'd love if you'd elaborate on what exactly feels non-sequitur to you. I have read it multiple times but can only reckon that the umbrella covering sometimes gets in the way of objectiveness.

My best,
Bernie
Be Szpilman is offline   Reply With Quote