Thread: Touch Nook books
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #13
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
The problem I found with Sony was their insistance that I download and install their own DRM software, before buying any books.

I found when I did this it automatically took over all DRM downloads, including public library books if I remember correctly, isolating Adobe's ADE !

This I did not want !!

I tried sending emails to Sony's address as shown to complain, but they were bounced back as "too many hops" ?

So I put things back as they were and crossed Sony off my book store list
mXb I use the Sony Reader for PC as my default download program for all Epubs, irrespective of where I buy and whether they have DRM or not, and that includes library books.

But - it's by choice.

When you download a book, say from Kobo, the dialogue box opens and you get the choice as to which program you want to load it into. So, it you want to download it into ADE then that's where you'd choose.

From memory the Sony Reader does populate itself with all the Epubs on your drive when it first installs - but so does for example Picasa. When you initially install that all the jpegs etc get copied into that as well.

I can understand you wanting to choose where your books are listed on your PC - I don't use ADE at all, although I have the account in order to get the ACSM activation required - I just never open ADE on my PC.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote