View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #159
vernel1008
vernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindvernel1008 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
There's a couple of things you can check.

1. Did you remember to reboot after you added them?

2. If you have added a lot of fonts... I've noticed that when scrolling through the font list top-to-bottom sometimes a font is not visible on the list. If you scroll to the bottom of the list then start scrolling backwards the font will appear. I have had occasions when a font still doesn't appear. In this case try adding an extra font or removing one. It must be something to do with the number of fonts versus the page-down method Kobo is using.

Ans.1. - Yup, I usually reboot my Kobo Glo after putting the font files.

Ans.2. - Actually I'm trying your suggestion of removing some of the fonts which works. Still, no new fonts can be seen in the option.

I'm trying to do some experimentation and guess why some of the sideloaded fonts work and some don't. I think you are right with the number of fonts vs page-down method. I'll dig deeper inside the font files and see their differences.

UPDATE:

I guess there is a limit in the number of fonts that Kobo can handle. I tried removing all of the sideloaded fonts and put the not working fonts one by one. They can be seen in the "Font Face" when they are alone in the font folder. Putting too many fonts possibly create problem somewhere.

Thanks.
~vernel

Last edited by vernel1008; 11-20-2013 at 01:16 AM.
vernel1008 is offline   Reply With Quote