View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #13
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Question Hmmmmmmmm......

Personally, I don't think "Literary Fiction" has to be "ageless and enduring".

Of it's time, probably - and I don't mean about ie contemporary.

I always have a vague idea in my head that literary means rather woolly things, I suppose !
Written intelligently, with care, with attention to detail - fine or broad sweeps here - with passion, with knowledge of the subject addressed, with accuracy....
And, vital this, doesn't treat the reader like an idiot?

But I don't have a check list, and I am happy to veer off course if it grabs me - but it has to last the length of the writing.
AND, it has to entertain me.
Oh, I don't want to be preached at, but am willing to be persuaded

Now, stands back and waits for brickbats of outrageous fortune, with my ever-ready cucumber slices over my orbs...
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote