View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
jmaloney
Connoisseur
jmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I only use Calibre, but what you are experiencing makes total sense. The Sony library and Calibre are two different products each designed to function independent from each other. If you use both products to manage books on your ereader then you can expect to have them overwrite each other on a regular basis.
Yeah, it makes sense to me too. I do think that the software should be able to handle it, though. (Although, to be honest, I don't know how Sony stores the Collections data on the reader.)

Quote:
There is a solution, pick one program to manage books sent to your reader. As I said I use Calibre to manage my ebooks and send them to the reader. I still use Sony Library to make some purchases from Sony. I just add those books to Calibre and manage them in Calibre.
I know. I was just trying to see if there was some other way to do it. I like both pieces of software for different reasons, so I just wanted to see if I could use both. I'll probably end up doing what Harry's doing, though, since there doesn't seem to be a way around it.

Thanks, all.
jmaloney is offline   Reply With Quote