View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 02:58 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaloney View Post
I've noticed that the Collections created by one software seems to overwrite the Collections from the other.

For example, I've set up a "Novels" collection. I'll add any novels I purchase from the Sony Bookstore to that collection in the Sony Library, and any novels that I have in Calibre will be tagged with "Novels" in Calibre. However, when I run one or the other, the "Novels" Collection will only show the novels from the software I just ran.
I only use Calibre, but what you are experiencing makes total sense. The Sony library and Calibre are two different products each designed to function independent from each other. If you use both products to manage books on your ereader then you can expect to have them overwrite each other on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaloney View Post
Does that make sense? Are there any solutions aside from just using one piece of software?
There is a solution, pick one program to manage books sent to your reader. As I said I use Calibre to manage my ebooks and send them to the reader. I still use Sony Library to make some purchases from Sony. I just add those books to Calibre and manage them in Calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote