View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #36046
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Trying to decide which Victorinox Swiss Army knife I want. I've got a nice Leatherman knife for when I'm working in the store. That one only has one blade (half smooth, half serrated) and for in my handbag I want an a-lot-in-one knife. At the moment I'm leaning towards the SwissChamp knife (33 tools).
It's hard to find a better knife in that price range than the Victorinox Swiss Army knife. The steel takes and holds a fine edge, and the care and craftsmanship of the tools is top notch! But do you really think you'd use the fish scaler or hook disgorger? I never did. Nor did I use the metal saw, although the wood saw came in hand often. Then there is that 'hook' thing. Even the folks at Victorinox are divided on what that's supposed to be used for! All the different screw drivers are great, as is the awl and the scissors. I used the magnifying lens frequently too. They used to make a model, no longer in production, that is similar to what they now call the 'Original,' that had all of what I wanted without the hook thing. Wood saw, scissors, awl, all the screw drivers, large and small blade, and magnifying lens. And of course, the toothpick and tweezers. Very thin and lightweight, but with everything I wanted and nothing that I didn't. I still have that knife, tucked away in my collection.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote