View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug-W View Post
Interesting, could you reply back to this thread and let me know when that's done? I'd love to give that a try.

Since I have so much library data, I've just made 3-4 copies of the different libraries at different times so that I can try different things and undo them if it turns out that it doesn't work.
Did you see the first part of Starson's answer above? If you don't mind using the "Send to disc" feature you could "re-add" your books that way, in which case you will have the full suite of overwrite options as of Calibre 0.7.45.

It is only if you want to avoid the Send to disc and instead use a direct "Copy to library" that there is a gap currently.

Just in case you didn't want to wait. When you save to disc you can write out the .opf file and do a book per directory so you won't lose your metadata for books that don't exist in the library you then import into.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote