View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

beware of books in Sony eBook Store

I've got a major gripe with the Sony eBook Store--they don't poulate the information fields for books, or rather they don't seem to require the publishers to do so. I'm tired of trying to decide which version of a book I want to buy when none of them have much information available, and most simply copy each others' info. Quite often you are lucky to get more than one sentence for a description, no info at all for publisher or author, and no reviews! Amazon has the Sony eBook Store beat hands down in this category!

Also, be careful. I bought a book yesterday for $3.99 (a classic) and after it downloaded it only contained the cover photo. I complained to Sony and they agreed the book had been posted incorrectly to their store and are supposed to be sending me a coupon for $4 to cover the cost. After this ordeal, I noticed that the book I purchased was showing a size of 41KB. Had I noticed that before purchasing, I would have been suspicious. This was an honest mistake on the publisher's end, but sloppy none the less.