View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawldiggle View Post
And how old is old.?

Recently on a windows-system forum (while searching for some clues) I found a 2 year old thread that had never been responded to. It happens!
By chance I knew the solution and posted a detailed fix.
The original threader was very pleased to get a solution, even after 2 years.

Now that thread has taken off, I get about 2 notifications per week. A once orphaned thread is now helping a good number of people.

I do acknowledge not all solutions are fixes.

Personally I think 2 or 3 years is long enough for a thread. Many forums simply lock old threads.
Calibre threads can become old within months because the program moves that fast.
Old is relative
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote