View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #56
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Now you have to decide what to do about the 'culprit', maybe just exit it (or kill it with Task Manager)
Calibre has always worked flawlessly for me until recently when it started crashing during attempts to edit metadata. I would always get an error message that 'Calibre has stopped working' and suggestions to either close the program or let Windows find a solution. I just closed it, but then the same thing would happen the next time I tried to edit a book's metadata.

Yesterday I decided to try running Task Manager and ending any processes that I thought 'might' be interfering with my Calibre software. It worked and I was able to successfully edit metadata on several books with no crashes. I didn't reboot or anything -- and being somewhat challenged with this stuff, wasn't really sure what I was doing lol.

Then I decided to come here to see if there were any others experiencing my problem and to search for perhaps a more permanent solution. Adding and converting books has always worked just fine -- it was only the editing part that caused me headaches, but I can live with working with Calibre in 'safe mode' or using Task Manager prior to starting up Calibre.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote