View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But then you lose any bug fixes/new features.
... which may or may not actually be relevant depending on a person's particular needs.

I run from source, and today pulled a series of new changes, like

a recipe update -- I don't use recipes
fix for Get books related to Project Gutenberg -- I don't use Get books
allow customizing ebook-format icons, and show them in the tag browser -- I tested this for someone else, but will never use it myself (I think)
allowing multiple libraries to be distinguished in Calibre Companion based on the port # they broadcast from. -- I don't have CC.
fix for inheriting MTP in a custom device plugin -- this was someone else's unique problem.

Oh. Em. Gee! Not one of those changes changed anything for me!

Many people update once every few months to a year, when something they use starts giving them problems. It is a valid usage.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote