View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #8
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Windows is the key difference.

I think Windows works differently - it generally lets you eject USB disks (memory sticks, E-readers!) just by pulling them out. Macs and Linux keep more state about the disk, and object if you just yank things out.

I haven't used Windows for quite a while, so my memory of these things could be wrong.

Chris
Ouch... not recommended unless Win set not to cache data whilst writing but should be obvious because there is an icon in tray that you use to eject in this case... even if set not to cache, it is always wise to be sure that any write to removables (of any form) has finished before just yanking them out...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote