View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #268
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSacredSoul View Post
Can someone clarify this for me? Just the .bin files are needed to be sent to the Kindle? What about the build and src folders in the zip?

I'd like to use the cover feature so if I am reading this correctly, first upload the update_python_0.2.N_install.bin and update. Then, upload the update_linkss_0.6.N_install.bin and update. Then I have to throw in a blank filed called 'cover' into the linkss folder. Does that sound right?
Yes that sounds right. Even though I personally have not installed this particular hack myself (no interest to me, when my PW sleeps, I can't see the picture anyway as my cover is closed).

As for the build and src folder: No they are not needed for it to work. They are just there as a "nice to have" feature. It is basically just a recipe to make your own - or for the curious to see: How did he do that? The src is the "ingredients" and the build is the instructions on turning src into a bin file. If you want, you could modify the source code and create your very own bin file. For example if you don't like the name "cover" and you want to call it "picture" instead, you can do that.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote