Thread: Tethering
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoCat View Post
In general terms, it won't work because the Kindle Fire cannot support Peer-to-Peer (adhoc) networks, only structured networks. It's an unusual limitation for an Android device, and is why some devices like the Wi-Drive need special drivers.
This has been my experience. When tethering, my phone broadcasts as Ad-Hoc, rather than Infrastructure. My laptop can connect to it, but the Fire does not see it at all. Still testing.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote