View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 08:47 AM   #16
neftaly
neftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with othersneftaly plays well with others

Device: none
Here's an online demo, though it's not really working (slapped that together - I'm about to go to bed). You can get an idea of what it looks like, however.

Here is a mostly-working version for Kindle (downloader doesn't work all the time). Be sure to backup usr/share/browser/readability/ (the only files that get replaced). The included shell script start_httpd must be running for it to work.

Plugins are loaded from readabilityMod.js. Here's its contents:

Code:
function readabilityMod_linkfixer() {
  _links = document.getElementsByTagName('a');
  for (i in _links) {
    _links[i].target = "";  
  }
}

readabilityMod_addDialog("Readability", "readabilityMod_loadCSS('readability.css');readabilityMod_loadScript('readability.js');");
readabilityMod_addDialog("Fix Links", "readabilityMod_linkfixer();")
readabilityMod_addDialog("Download Files", "readabilityMod_loadScript('download.js');");
readabilityMod_addDialog(null,null);
readabilityMod_addDialog("Settings", "alert('not yet implimented');");
It'll look pixel-perfect with the standard Kindle menus in Opera or FF4 (any browser with rounded corner support). Still got a lot of work to do, but it's pretty simple eh

Last edited by neftaly; 10-20-2010 at 09:06 AM.
neftaly is offline   Reply With Quote