View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Iff you have shell access (preferably in main, but diags works too, if there's even one on a KT2, I can never remember), then you don't need a touchscreen to install stuff.

You can basically just follow everything along until the mention of running MRPI comes in, at which point you'll just have to start it manually in a *main* root shell: /mnt/us/extensions/MRInstaller/bin/mrinstaller.sh

(In which case you also don't need KUAL).

----

If, instead, you only have a diags shell, you'll have to install stuff manually, by unpacking packages w/ kindletool, chroot'ing in main (if we can, dunno, if we can't, things get hairier as you won't be able to use install scripts), and running the install script(s) manually from there.

-----

I have no idea if someone's ever setup the WiFi programmatically on a Kindle, but that very vaguely rings a bell.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-30-2020 at 03:07 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote