View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I LOVE Calibre. It plays into my OCD wonderfully. Just one question-When I have Calibre fetch a cover, it is nice and big. When there is no cover, I copy one from online (save picture to my desktop, and then browse and add). But these pictures are smaller than the nice Calibre covers. Is there a way to adjust the size to make them the same?

Told you I had OCD.
Which website are you getting your covers from? I get many of mine from FantasticFiction.co.uk. Or just use Google images and either use the advanced search to specify a minimum size or if lazy like me use the tooltips to find images which are large enough (I usually look for around 400px or larger in height). You will have to drill into the google website link to get the larger image to appear, then drag/drop it on top of the cover in Calibre. Sometimes Google images won't list the larger image even though you suspect one exists - for instance paperbackswap.com has it's thumbnail images indexed but quite often you can click on an "enlarge" button on their website to get a larger version.

It is only for less popular or very old titles that I struggle to find a suitable image of sufficient size to match what displays nicely in Calibre. In which case as Kovid says you can use an image editing problem to enlarge it but at the expense of clarity.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote