View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #19
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
Well, in an email from Dr. David Newby, administrator of PG, to David and myself at TeleRead, he noted that the German court could use the US District Court to force PG to abide by its ruling. Presumably, it was simplest to avoid trouble and expense by going ahead and complying pending the appeal rather than making that necessary.
Under what legal basis, treaty, or agreement does the US District Court becomes the enforcer in this matter hypothetically?

Quote:

Incidentally, if these works are indeed still under copyright in Germany, I think the German publisher was within its rights to ask that Project Gutenberg not make these works available there.
Sure they can ask nicely, but legally doesn't mean anything. Only because Germany decides that the crime happened at both PGs place of business and where the illegal downloader resides, doesn't make it so.

But if that is what you believe in, then I am surprised you are not asking for PG to block all access to every country in the EU just in case. That is what you want, right?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote