Thread: Firmware Update Fw 5.8.11 update
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #67
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon_ramaswamy View Post
Has anybody been able to get the black invert? I can't find it on my PW3 and it's what I was waiting for such a long time!
I think the setting is in Accessibility settings (it is billed as an accessibility feature in the press release etc.). I think one of the video reviews showed this briefly.

[update: yes, if you look at the Oasis 2 User’s Guide, ‘Invert Black & White’ and ‘Display Size’ are in Accessibility section of Settings]

However, on Paperwhite/Voyage/Oasis1 this settings category does not appear unless you have the audio dongle plugged in. On the Kindle 8gen (with Bluetooth) it does appear.

That said, I’ve checked my Kindle 8gen and Voyage (with dongle plugged in) following the update, and neither has a setting to invert BW in the Accessibility settings.

Also I thought that Kindle 8gen was going to get Audible player, but that is not there, either.

Hopefully these features will show up in a future update. Perhaps Display Size (lets you change the layout and text size in some of the user interface) is only available for 7” devices, but no reason Invert Black & White would not be, even when not in VoiceView mode.

Last edited by tomsem; 10-12-2017 at 02:48 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote