View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 10:54 AM   #12
John K
Reader
John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
I'm amazed you've managed to read on a PRS600 this long. I kept mine a couple of weeks and ended up donating to my public library because I found it nearly unreadable.

Whatever you get, you're going to LOVE IT SO MUCH after years of reading on a PRS600.

Since you prefer buttons, looks like your best choices are the Kindle Voyage or Oasis, or the Kobo Forma.

There are some Android e-ink tablets that also have buttons that you might want to look into.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Clarifications:
I read on the PRS600 for two years (250 books for me) and it's been Kindle DXG for 6 years.

It's not that I prefer buttons so much as a preference not to accumulate abrasive scratches. The ability to tap-turn sounds like an improvement.

I was hoping someone would say the PRS600 had an inferior plastic screen.

As @stumped mentions, it is difficult to find out what screens are made of.

My biggest limiting preference is the desire for the larger screen size. Portability is not an issue.

Your suggestion of the Kobo Forma is probably the way I'll go but it means waiting until MobileRead members have a chance to share their evaluations.
John K is offline   Reply With Quote