View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
John K
Reader
John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kobo Forma
Screens and Scratches

My first reader was a Sony prs600. I would swipe the screen in the same area to turn the page. After about 75,000 page turns, I had a noticeable abrasion blur in this area. I bought my big ol' clunky Kindle DXG, in part, because it had page turn buttons. 175,000 page turns later, the screen is pristine but it's time to move on. I would like the advantages of a touch screen but I like a clear screen more.

Does anyone remember if the Sony prs600 was built with a softer screen material then current models?

Has anyone noticed abrasion blurring on the more recent touch screens?
John K is offline   Reply With Quote