View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #19
focus
focus began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
At first glance it looks like mechanical damage of the screen in the lower left corner. I've forwarded your picture to the onyx experts . In any case you schould send your M92 back to our service center for inspection and screen replacement. If it is a mechanical damage, then thereplacement of the screen is not under warranty and must be paid. If there is not any mechanical damages on the device, then repairing will be covered by the warranty.
Hm, maybe I didn`t understand you correctly, but I hope that you are not saying that any mechanical malfunction is deprived of warranty?!
I agree that drooping, kicking, stumping or any other way of misuse should lead to mechanical failure that is not under warranty. But mechanical failure can be a result of fault in material, damaged component (from the factory) etc.
If my device will be deprived of warranty, I would expect some sort of evidence of mistreatment. I made additional photos of the device that show that there is no sign of impact or misuse.
http://tinyurl.com/83dhu3o

I apologize if I overreacted but your statement is not the same as what is written on the store website. Anyway, I will send you the device and hope for the best.
focus is offline   Reply With Quote