View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #49
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
... like having a menu key on my phone. That's one of the things I think Google really messed up on is getting rid of the menu key - each app puts it in a different spot now.
I disagree. For one, most apps are now adhering to the overflow menu, so it's on the top right. Yes, there are still some using legacy button, but they're fewer and fewer. And another issue with the hardware menu button is discoverability: with the overflow menu you know there is a menu in the app, it's right there in front of you; with the hardware button you don't know until you press it.

My opinion, hardware buttons are no longer needed in an Android phone, and are an abomination on a tablet (Samsung is not listening, as usual).

And their Gingerbread-ish UI aka TouchWiz, they should ban that simply for aesthetic reasons.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote