View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 01:29 PM   #1
Pitchfork
Connoisseur
Pitchfork began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad/Ipaq 6340
Software Release v2.8 is ready

Just got on of those mails that makes my day. Hust kicking myself for not bringing my Iliad to work, so will have to wait till tonight :-(

Dear iLiad user,

Herewith we would like to inform you that a new software release is available for download from the iRex Delivery Service (iDS).

What's new in this Software Release v2.8

This software release 2.8 is part of an ongoing process to extend the functionalities of the iLiad and to improve the overall performance to ensure an even better electronic reading experience for our customers. We recommend that all users upgrade to this latest version.

Power Management

Improved Power Management: expected 10% additional battery life (when sound disabled). Additional power management improvements are planned in upcoming software releases
User Interface
PIN Code: Optionally protect your iLiad from unauthorised access with a personalised PIN code (Factory Default PIN Code is 0000).
Recently Opened Documents: Access your recently opened documents from the Device Manager
Configurable Flipbar: Configure the flipbar direction to turn a page to your liking.
Key Buffering: The iLiad will remember the keys pressed and process them when the device is ready.
German Language Support: The iLiad interface now also support German*.
PDF Viewer
Scribble Function: Make annotations on PDF documents with the Stylus.
Continuous Mode: Additional page mode that will enhance landscape reading for A4 documents.
Improved Zoom: The overal functionality of the zoom has been improved and is more accurate.
Previous Zoom: Toggle between different zoom selections.
Connectivity
Background Connect: Make a background connection to iDS to check for content at a configurable interval.
Bug Fixes
The problem with the stylus being not responsive at times is solved with this version.

*German translation contributed by HAW
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote