View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 06:30 AM   #14
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
One of the reasons I enjoy this book is that Watson is allowed to "be his own man" in it, and proves himself to be both brave and resourceful. It's an unfortunate fact that in many of the Sherlock Holmes film adaptations, Watson is portrayed as a "buffoon" - especially the portrayal by Nigel Bruce in the 1940s films with Basil Rathbone as Holmes.
Those are the ones my husband likes the best. I think as we get older nostalgia gets a stronger old on us.

Laine
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote