View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #8
arthro
arthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud of

Device: iriver story hd
@8andout & frostschutz: there is no need to post a picture because your descriptions are too accurate. It is exactly that what you write that has happened.

It is not the outer screen .. that is fine ... but the horizontal and vertical lines leading to a puncture in the inner screen. I haven't opened it up, but there can be no doubt.

I take your points frostschutz, thanks. I think I can buy a new screen for something around USD80, the price of a kindle. Actually there is very little on ebay right now.

Another hack I'm thinking about is creating epubs with blank images over the horizontal band and the
vertical bands so that the text wraps ... only into the areas where the screen still works. That will make for quite annoying reading I guess, but it may well be better than nothing.
arthro is offline   Reply With Quote